Cyber Security Resource is growing and currently looking for an Intern in our Information Security ? Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) team. As a Cyber Security Resource Intern, you will participate in an unpaid, intern program from where you will work collaboratively with leaders, staff and other Interns across IT. We?re planning on a remote Internship experience, we?ll continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and as necessary will maintain a remote Internship experience based on advice from medical experts.
In this role, you?ll have an opportunity to learn from our expert GRC Analysts and many other Information Security and Information Technology Teams. You will participate in the development and effectiveness of the control framework that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and the availability of data and information systems. This position is responsible for assisting in enhancing and managing of the control program which serves as the foundation of the information security program.
- Participate in the ongoing development and adoption of the IT control framework across IT
- Collaborate and assist in the documenting, implementing, monitoring and managing of IT controls
- Create training materials and conduct control owner and tester training
- Assist in development of controls and control testing plans with owners
- Develop metrics and measures and associated reports and develop and distribute monthly management reporting
- Create process documentation, workflows, knowledge articles, and self-service guidance for the IT control framework
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Current pursuit of a degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity with information security and control frameworks: NIST, CobiT, ISO
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite; presentation skills
- Proven ability as a self-starter, able to work both independently and within teams to drive results
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills